STUDIES IN THE BOOK OF DANIEL. Key: Dan.4:17, 25; Ps. 22:28
CONCLUSION OF THE VISION (CHS. 10–12.), AND EPILOGUE TO THE BOOK. DAN. 12:1- 13.
Ministering Pastor P.B Owoeye
“The Jewish commentators support Tregelles. Auberlen thinks the sole purpose for which the resurrection is introduced in this verse is an incitement to faithful perseverance in the persecutions of Antiochus; and that there is no chronological connection between the time of trouble in v. 1 and the resurrection in v. 2; whence the phrase, “at that time,” twice occurs in v. 1, but no fixing of time in vv. 2, 3.” Fausset A. R.
1. Dan. 12:2. The doctrine of the 1st and 2nd resurrection without a time lag of 1,000 years between the two resurrections is not prominent to the Jews Is. 26:19, Eze. 37:1-4, 12, Jn. 5:28-29; 11:23-24. This is the second resurrection to the white throne Judgment. Rev. 20:5, 11-13.
2. The first resurrection, “Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power…” Rev. 20:6. The Bible teaches the universality of resurrection of the body, Jn. 5:25-29, Dan. 12:2, Matt. 11:22, 24, however, it will not be a general resurrection. Everybody has it’s own order. 1Cor. 15:20-24.
3. God paid the debit of sins of the whole world through the death and resurrection of Jesus, the issue will not be “Sin”, rather, “The Son”! The unpardonable sin of all ages is the rejection of the Lord Jesus Christ, see Rom. 6:23, Jn. 3:16-19, 35-36.
4. Christ’s resurrection as 1st fruit and the 1st fruit of the High priest. 1Cor. 15:20, 22, Matt. 27:52-53. These saints rose after Christ’ resurrection and were presented to God as first fruit of the high priest. Lev. 23:10-14.
5. The 1st resurrection. Rev. 20:6, this is also called the rapture of the saints. 1Cor. 15:20, 23, Rev. 20:6. It is our gathering unto Him. 2Thess.2:1, Ps. 50:5, a new people for God. Tit. 2:14.
a. Saints of all ages. 1Cor. 15:50-52, 1Thess. 4:16-18.
b. Tribulation saints. Rev. 20:4; 6:9-11; 7:9-17; 14:1-5. The 144,000 Jews will also be translated at their own time.
c. The mortal body will be related to the resurrection of grain sown. 1Cor. 15:37-38.
d. It will be incorruptible, glorious, powerful, and spiritual. 1Cor. 15:42-44, 49, Act. 2:27, 2Thess. 1:10, 1Pet. 4:11, Rom. 8:17, 30.
e. Believer’s body will be instantly changed. 1Cor. 15:50-53, Phil. 3:20-21.
f. This is the redemption of the body. 1Pet. 1:5, Rom. 8:18-23, 1Jn. 3:1-3.
g. It is important to remember that, this resurrection will take place before the tribulations. Christ has promised to save the church before evil days. Lk. 21:34, 36, 1Thess. 1:9-10, others Is. 26:19-20, Ps. 27:4-5; 31:19-10.
6. The second resurrection and the judgement of the wicked. Rev. 20:12-16, Act. 17:31, Matt. 13:47-50, Rom. 2:16. All undegenerated men and those who disobey the gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ will be cast to the Lake of fire. Rom. 2:4-11. 2Thess. 1:4-6, Matt. 13:24-30, 37-42; 22:11-14; 25:30; Rev. 21:8; 22:15